Richard Bison founded Bison Consulting Group, Inc. in 2002 after having gained extensive experience in the areas of small business operations, strategic planning, product development, performance improvement, information technology, and application development. Previously was a partner at Monotype, LLC, a director of strategic planning for New Venture Development at PHH Arval and a consulting manager at Ernst & Young and James Martin & Co. Examples of his accomplishments include:
With experience in several industries including: travel, corporate charge card, and fleet management, our perspective is rooted in improving operational performance.
We are effective at bridging that gap that often exists between "the business” and information technology or strategy and tactics. By working with and processing all constituent perspectives we are able to identify the path which most rapidly enables and contributes to overall and ongoing effectiveness.
- Member of ownership team that purchased, revitalized and sold Monotype, LLC, which is engaged in the pre-K to 12 market segment of the educational publishing industry. Clients included: McGraw-Hill, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt and Pearson. The Company now operates under the name Six Red Marbles.
- Key member of a team that successfully negotiated a definitive agreement for a $6.3MM business unit acquisition and a $1 MM investment with a NASDAQ-listed company. Co-championed: legal, financial, business and IT due diligence negotiations.
- Provided strategic, tactical and technology planning for the product development efforts of New Venture Development group.
- Designed a payment transaction management system, unique in the industry, for Priceline.com; by weaving together capabilities of MasterCard, a charge card issuer, and a leading card processor.
- Established an internal consulting practice to bring best-in-class methods to the process management practices of companies with car and light truck fleets.
- Manager of project totaling more than $1 MM in consulting revenue which developed a client-server system for the gas transportation business of a gas and electric utility.
- Conversion Quality Assurance team leader for the re-development of an integrated set of applications. Successfully steered the implementation of a major conversion effort across five major sub-systems.